Have you seen any aliens?
Today I was walking around downtown and two teen boys approached me. They were carrying a clip-board which, of course, makes them very official. One of them rattled something off to me and I told him I didn't understand. So he switched to English. "Have you seen any aliens?" he asked. I didn't understand him the first time and he had to repeat, "Aliens!" "No. No I haven't." He and his friend smirked and a group of girls joined us, watching me with anticipation. "Okay." He said, "Everything is going to be fine. I need you to look right here." He pulled out a silver pen and held it eye level. "Just look right here." I humored him. I stared at his pen as he clicked it. I blinked and swayed and looked a little dazed. He grinned and put his pen away as his friends laughed, "Okay, you're fine. This never happened." "It never happened." I repeated. His friends laughed and ran away,...

Comments
Post a Comment