The Parting Glass
I’ve been back in America for one week now. I’ve had enough time to get over jet-lag and visit Walmart but not enough to feel quite at home. It’s strange to be back in a place where I know everyone, I see familiar faces at the store or coffee shop, I can ask for something without practicing the conversation in my head, and the waitresses are just so nice . I’ve had ups and downs so far during this transition: the lowest point being having a break down in CVS; the highlight being back with my friends and family. I’ve been missing what had become familiar in Bulgaria: my friends, my job, public transportation, the food. Fortunately, I have plenty of pictures to remember my last few weeks abroad with. A week before my departure, winter hit Sofia. My students enjoyed more snowball fights and I enjoyed my magnificent view. Making literal snowmen? I miss this view! I also crammed as much time with friends as I could into th...

Comments
Post a Comment